Beyond the end of the project, this Forum should work as a common place of co-operation, exchange of good practices, advocacy, and lobbying addressed to the European and national institutions.
To do so, the Partnership is inviting to Ljubljana, for the first meeting that will take place on 14th and 15th of January, about thirty “Local communities” from all over Europe, represented by local institutions, public services or Civil Society Organizations that are coping with the challenge of recent migration flows.
The participants of the Ljubljana meeting are expected to discuss and share a “Manifesto”; it should be a final document, sent to the Institutions of the European Union and the Member States, to suggest – on the basis of their local experiences – a set of policies and practical measures in order to manage the refugees’ welcoming. Such policies and measures must be coherent with the principles of solidarity and respect of human rights that are the basis of the European and International Law, and giving benefits to both the local population and the people in need of international protection, thus minimizing the possible negative impact of migration flows.
14th and 15th February, 2019
ZRC – SAZU – Research Centre, of the Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts – Novi trg 2, 1000 Ljubljana
THE FORUM AGENDA
14th February – morning: Plenary session
From h. 09:30 to 12:30
Welcome to the participants
- Presidency of ZRC-SAZU
- Roberto Milan, Mayor of the Municipality of Bagnoli di Sopra (Lead Partner of the PandPAS project).
Presentation of the PandPAS project
- Alessandro Carbone – assistant of the project general coordinator
Presentation of the Collection of best practices realized in the frame of the project
- Methodological aspects and criteria used to select the practices – Sandra Mateus (ISCTE-IUL)
- The best practices in the field of Education – Attilio Orecchio (IRECOOP)
- The best practices in the field of Employment and Entrepreneurship – George Isaias (SYNTHESIS)
- The best practices in the field of Awareness – Jure Gombac (ZRC-SAZU)
- The best practices in the field of Governance, Political and Public Participation, and Welcoming – Julija Kranjec (CMS – Centre for Peace Studies – Croatia)
A contribution from a representative of the European Commission has been asked for.
14th February – afternoon: Working groups
From h. 14:00 to h. 17:00
Participants are divided into four groups, dedicated to the discussion of specific topics:
- Refugees’ arrival and organization of first aid
(chairman: a representative of CMS)
- Relation among refugees and local population: the role of local institutions, CSOs, and media
(chairman: a representative of the Municipality of Bagnoli)
- Protection of children and non-accompanied minors’ rights
(chairman: a representative of ZRC-SAZU)
- From welcoming to the first steps to inclusion
(chairman: a representative of ISCTE-IUL)
15th February – morning: Plenary session
From h. 09:30 to 12:30
Chairman: Alessandro Carbone
- Reports by the working groups.
- Presentation of the “Manifesto” first draft.
- Integration of amendments.
- Approval of the final draft to be submitted to local / regional Councils and Organizations’ Boards for their formal adhesion.
- Agreements for a participative management of the Permanent Forum Platform.